Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

I can hardly believe CHRISTmas is here already! Time is flying faster than I can keep up, though I think I did pretty well staying ahead this year and getting most of my shopping/cards/baking done on time.

Papa, Doug, Justin, and Aunt Dianne came up to our home this morning. Jason and I cooked breakfast and then the boys all disappeared upstairs to play some Risk. That left some time for me to get some errands done and catch up with Dianne a bit, which was really nice. Kristy, Kristin, and Nana showed up and hung out for a couple hours before it was time to go over to Debbi's house for our big CHRISTmas eve. There were 31 people there (including the 5 little girls). It was the biggest crowd we've had yet. There was a slight snag with the meal...somehow the roaster got turned off after the first 20-30 minutes of cooking one (of the two) prime ribs and went unnoticed for quite some time. Once we finally did realize what happened we cranked up the heat and stuck a couple big (clean) nails into the meat. Although we ate quite a bit later than planned, everything tasted perfect. It was the perfect amount of food and there were no leftovers!

We enjoyed talking with family and playing the gift exchange game after dinner. I put Katelynn to bed at her normal bedtime but let Keilah stay up late. Eventually I did try to get her to go to bed but found her walking around with Gramma's reading glasses about 10 minutes later, lol. She stayed up until we left around 11:00pm. We hoped that meant she would sleep in a bit on CHRISTmas morning....

0 comments: